CONSTRUCTION UPDATES ON THE SPORTSMAN 38, START TO FINISH:
- 01/11/19 - Our spotted cow turns into a sleek gray Dolphin.
- We sprayed the inside of the mold with Duratch Primer, then sand it out to make a smooth surface.
- 01/08/19 - At this point she looks like a spotted cow, so we call her Betsey.
- The mold is fiberglassed on the inside with 6 ounch cloth and resin. The pink stuff you see in the photos is fairing compound.
- 11/16/18 - Mold construction is almost completed
- 11/07/18 - Whats really inside the layers of the hull? Also known as, a composite sandwich?
- Layers of E-glass based laminates
- Core-Cell M100 impact resistant structural foam
- E-glass based laminates for strenght & stiffness
- All materials are joined with Urethane Acrylate Resin (vacuum infusion)
- Completed "composite sandwich" - a light weight, but robust hull; made with modern materials & processing techniques